Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dizziness: Meds or Symptoms

Well we will see if this appears twice. I wrote about this and saved it but it never appeared so here I try it again.

Dizziness isn't one of those symptoms I have a lot of. I tend to blame it on my meds but after some reading, maybe it's a combination of meds and symptoms of Fibromyalgia.

Someone asked me last week, "Does anyone think that you are drunk?" I answered that I have no idea. No one has ever commented on my bouts of "imbalance". I take them for granted and so does my family. At least I think they do. No one mentions it but maybe it's one of those things that people are self consious to talk about. None the less, I certainly am not drunk. lol

What I do find interesting however, is when I am in the mall (or any public place) and I get a stabbing pain in my knee or ankle. I usually fall to the ground since the pain renders my ankle or knee useless. As the pain lingers for 20 seconds or so I just sit on the floor until it passes. While I am sitting on the floor holding either my knee or my ankle and controlling my great frustration at this symptom, people continue to walk on by. Maybe they do think I am drunk, lol, and don't want to approach me. Hey, I never thought of it that way.

That's the degree of dizziness that I deal with as far as symptoms go but each person with Fibromyalgia suffers different side affects and to very different degrees. There is no one set of symptoms that run "across the board".

On that note, my wrists have done all they can do for now so I will add a bit more tomorrow.

God Bless and have a wonderful day wether pain free or pain tolerant.

Talk to you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.