Thursday, November 22, 2007

New ache spots

Hi there. I know its been a while since we wrote here but it seems this cold weather is very difficult. There are tender points on your body that Fibro is supposed to affect the worst. I don't have them memorized because really, in this case, it's everywhere. None the less, I never had pain in the neck, (lol) or the lower back until this week.

It's a new symptom for me. The constant unrelenting ache that is persistance throughout my whole body is new as well. For the most part I have been staying in bed and taking pain meds. There hasn't been much time to write in here. Sorry about that, for those who do check from time to time.

I try to cover a symptom each time I write and I guess I just did. What category would that fall into I wonder? "Widespread pain" maybe. It should be called widespread pain inducing intense frustration. That's mostly what I feel when the pain hits.

I am frustrated that I am, I don't know, 40 something I guess, and many days I barely can walk. There is something completely wrong with that. I used to work 3 jobs and never stopped long enough to even think and now all I do is think. Hobbies, yes. We do scrapbooking when we can but even that we had to quit the cutting part out. Unless you scrapbook its hard to explain the machines that I use but mostly now I sell stickers. (In case you checked out the ebay store).
Yesterday was the first time I had a hard time doing up the buttons on my shirt. That has never happened before either. Now THAT is disturbing to me. Greatly.

I am making small albums for Christmas for my family and I have a passion and commitment to scrapbook the Book of Revelations. I find it a wonderfully descriptive chapter and I am loving looking up the history and scrapbooking the pictures so it is fascinating to see it come to life.

Oh and while I am at it, did I mention memory loss? Man. Talk about a pain. I drove to a meeting today (Thursday) and about 3/4 of the way there, I had this strange feeling that today was not Friday (which is when the meeting is; every second week). Sure enough, I got there and no one was around. Now, you say, oh well just go tomorrow. Good thing you weren't a day late. What are the odds that tomorrow I will remember it. LOLOLOL Oh the joys of having a mind that only works when it feels like it.

And we cry. A lot. I wonder if some of it is greiving for what was lost, for what could have been? I mean, besides crying because that invisible knife just insists on stabbing my body whenever it takes a mind to do it. I don't do the feeling sorry for myself. I refuse to do that but it certainly is difficult some days to hide the pain. Anyways since I am in the mood to write I don't want to bore you or make this too long. I will continue tomorrow.

thanks for taking the time to read this. Feel continue to feel free to email me with any comments.

Twila

No comments: